They say that pleasure is ephemeral. So don't hold back on yours this winter!
From November to January, these six ephemeral restaurants will offer you unusual, warm, and above all, gourmet moments. On the menu: fondues, raclettes, a ‘fireside’ atmosphere and conviviality aplenty. A treat for the eyes as well as the stomach...
Le Quai Son in La Roche-en-Ardenne
Come and soak up the atmosphere of mountain pastures in an authentic Savoyard hut along the River Ourthe, with a breathtaking view of La Roche Castle. Enjoy a tasty regional raclette from the Ambly (Nassogne) cheese dairy or a Savoyard fondue accompanied by a Lupulus or a Chouffe beer. The height of pleasure!
- Open Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday and during school holidays. From 11.00 a.m. to 11.30 p.m. Kitchen open until 9 p.m.
- Rue des Bateliers 7, 6980 La Roche-en-Ardenne -: 084/75.22.80 - https://www.facebook.com/LaCabaneSavoyardeDuQuaiSon
Les Serres d'Hiver in Gesves (Namur)
Just like a glass palace, the magnificent greenhouses of the Domaine de Béronsart welcome you under the sky in a warm and magical atmosphere. To enjoy various Savoyard fondues (with Houppe beer, boletus mushrooms, etc.), croziflettes and grilled entrecôtes.
- Open from 9 November, Wednesday to Sunday
- Book online at: https://serresdhiver.be/
- Rue des Carrières, 7 B-5340 Gesves
Le Refuge de L'écurie d'en bas in Libin
Fancy some all-you-can-eat raclette? If so, join us at the table in the barn. Originally, this impressive (9.5m high beams) and beautifully restored barn housed the animals of the neighbouring farm. A must: ‘Candlelit Thursdays’, for an enchanting gourmet experience among the candlelit tables.
- 11/11 to 15/01 from Thursday evening to Sunday lunchtime (evening entertainment every Saturday)
- Book on 0491 08 18 72
- Rue Paul Dubois 69, Libin
Linsensé, Le Chapiteau de la Famenne in Marche-en-Famenne
An authentic pop-up marquee! Decorated in an alpine chalet style complete with an open fire in the centre. And a menu that’s a real treat for the taste buds: foie gras as a starter, real Savoyard raclette, as well as fillet of deer, beef carpaccio, oysters and salmon. An institution in the gastronomic landscape of Marche!
- Please note, no Bancontact!
- Open from 30/11 to 08/01
- Baschamps, 17 BE-6900 Marche-en-Famenne
- Book on 0032 483 19 31 41 / firstname.lastname@example.org / https://www.facebook.com/chapiteaudelafamenne
Live the Castle life! Spend an exceptional evening in a refined yet cosy atmosphere. In a prestigious and green setting, in the centre of a vast 450-hectare nature reserve with listed gardens. On the menu, genuine Valaisanne fondues and a selection of high-quality dishes await you!
- Thursday evening, Friday evening, Saturday evening, Sunday lunchtime - lunchtime service starts at 11.30 a.m. and evening service starts at 6.30 p.m.
- For info & reservations tel.: 083 23 40 14 - https://lhiverauxchateaux.be/
- DOMAINE DU CHÂTEAU DE MODAVE - Rue du Parc 4, 4577 Modave
Le Cool Corner in Dinant
Adjacent to a magnificent 200 m2 solar-powered ice rink, Cool Corner will surely not leave you cold! After performing your triple axels with family or friends, hang up your skates and follow the scent of melted cheese and mulled wine to enjoy tartiflettes, raclette and stuffed jacket potatoes.
- From 22/10 to 22/01
- Menu & info on: https://www.dinant-evasion.be/fr/cool-corner
- Rue du vélodrome 15, 5500 Dinant (Anseremme)
After the meal... head back to your holiday home!
Would you like to book accommodation to make the most of one of these unusual addresses for a weekend or midweek?